Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dookielele

Photobucket
I’ll hold off on the serious site updates a bit more. Here’s something entirely different. A few weeks ago I had a bit of a nostalgia trip with Green Day’s 'Dookie'. When I was 15 years old I knew the album inside-out and thought these were the best songs in the universe. That opinion may have changed slightly over time, but when I chucked the CD back on I was struck by how simple yet powerful the songs still are. I decided to strip them right back and see what they would sound like if I just bashed them out on the ukelele and sang along. I think they work.

I’ve only had time to stick down five of the old favourite tunes. If anyone out there digs this, give me a shout and I’ll perhaps get around to completing the album someday in the near future. Enjoy:
Burnout
Welcome To Paradise
She
Coming Clean
Emenius Sleepus
Download all of 'Dookielele' here